Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Over 40 Female Belly Fat and Love Handles

As a professional fitness trainer - I am always the person everybody wants to talk to at family gatherings, parties, events, etc. And as you might guess, the question that so many women over 40 ask more often than not is:

"Gail, how can I lose my pooch (grabbing that stubborn belly fat) and lose my love handles (grabbing that waist fat) so I can get a flat and toned stomach like yours?"

This question is quickly followed by, "Are there any special exercises to get rid of stomach fat or special exercises for love handles?"

Here is my answer - "Your actions have to be in line with your true desires and goals. If you really want to have no extra fat on your stomach then your daily habits must be in line with what you are trying to achieve."

It doesn't matter whether you want to lose love handles, reduce belly fat or lose weight in general, the real secret is admitting to yourself whether or not your desires are real or just superficial. In other words, are you just "kicking tires" or do you really want to lose the stubborn belly fat and get rid of love handles?

Mine used to be somewhat superficial and my weight fluctuated all year. I didn't like it one bit and I was always blaming some outside factor on why I couldn't keep myself at my ideal body fat all year round. Then, about 4 years ago I looked myself in the mirror and asked myself, 'Gail, who is in control of you? And, what do you really want to look like and how do you want to feel, both physically and mentally?'

I grabbed a piece of paper and started to write. It didn't take me long to answer these questions!

This is something I strongly advise you to do as well. Only of course, if you are serious about achieving higher levels of physical fitness and improved health. If you want to lose tummy fat and love handles and to be a certain way - then start living your life in accordance with your goals!

Are there any exercises to get rid of the pooch and love handles? There are lots of exercises to help tone up that area, but if you continue to eat badly (not in line with your goals) the belly fat and the love handles will stay!!

Stay tuned...tomorrow I will send a special workout routine featuring some good tummy exercises to help tone and tighten that belly!

1 comment:

  1. The best way to get rid of belly fat is that you have to do yoga.because yoga have some great techinique to lose belly fat,so i prefered to yoga to lose belly fat.and i also suggest you to do this at once i am sure you will get a better result.

    ReplyDelete