Monday, June 14, 2010

To Eat or Not to Eat Pre-Cardio

Cardio on an Empty Stomach???
This is a question that is constantly put to me.  Have you been told you'll burn more fat if you do cardio first thing in the moring before breakfast, when your blood glucose is low? 

While research shows that exercising after an overnight fast does increase the amount of fat used during exercise - especially when the exercise is performed at very low intensity - it does not burn more calories, which is what's really important for fat loss. 

According to a number of health experts and other research data, fasting decreases our ability to sustain a given exercise intensity compared to eating breakfast first.  So what does this mean??? It means you'll burn fewer calories when fasting...so eat some breakfast to burn more calories!!!

"I'm feeling so good. I feel like a million bucks. I'm focused, I'm alert, I'm zippy and top of my game.. I've never felt better! I'm sharp as a tack right now. And what's weird is that I didn't get a good nights sleep last night. And they say that's the most important thing..Or is it breakfast they said?..That's the most important meal of the day, breakfast...yes. And then it's 'i' before 'e' I know that..Um.. diamonds are a girl's best friend. Dog is a man's best friend.. What was I talking about?..Oh that's right, that I feel great and I'm at the top of my game. And it's odd because I didn't get hardly any sleep last night. And, they say that's the most important thing."  -Ellen DeGeneres

No comments:

Post a Comment