Friday, October 9, 2009

Low Fat Low Cal Pumpkin Pie

Fall and Thanksgiving bring Pumpkin Pie...I don't know about you, but I would definitely cross a bed of nails to get to it!!  I am always telling myself "just one piece" and then proceed to slice slivers off until eventually I consume about 3 or 4 pieces.  Pumpkin Pie is absolutely loaded with calories (anything that tastes that good has to be).  BUT!!!  I have a recipe here for a Crustless Pumpkin Pie,  less calories and lighter with that same great pumpkin pie taste!  Believe me...you won't miss the crust!

Crustless Pumpkin Pie (serves 8)
     Nonstick cooking spray
     1 x 15oz can 100% Pure Pumpkin
     1 x 12oz can evaporated Skim Milk
     3/4 c egg substitute
     1/2- 3/4 c sugar or sugar substitute, or half and half
     1/4 tsp salt (I don't use it, but some think it is better with it)
     1 tsp cinnamon
     1/2 tsp ground ginger
     1/8 - 1/4 tsp ground cloves
     1/4 tsp nutmeg
Beat together all the ingredients.  Pour into an 8" pie dish sprayed with cooking oil.
Bake at 400F for 15min, reduce the temp to 325F and bake for 45min longer, or until knife inserted in centre comes out clean.  Cool for 2 hr.
Nutrition Info (per serving):  120 Calories (150, if using sugar), 1g Fat, 21g Carbs (29g if using sugar), 7g Protein
The best part???  The fat and calories are low enough that you can have 2 pieces instead of the usual 1...just not all at once...of course!  :)                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment