41. Substitute nonfat or low-fat dairy products such as milk and cheese for whole-milk dairy products. If you are not used to non-fat products, make the transition by starting with the reduced fat products first.
42. Who says you can’t have your cake and eat it too? For moistness with less fat, substitute equal amounts of applesauce for oil.
43. Satisfy your sweet cravings with low fat goodies such as angel food cake, frozen juice bars, diet jellies and puddings, fresh fruit, biscotti. Make them yourself or read the labels to ensure they are high sugar products instead!
44. Choose only the leanest cuts of meat and trim all visible fat before cooking.
45. Remove the skin from chicken before baking or broiling, if you are the kind who enjoys it…once it is cooked and all crispy, it gets more difficult to throw it away!
46. Try to get at least 5 servings of fruit and vegetables each day. They are not only rich sources of vital nutrients; they are also rich in fibre. So when you fill up on low-cal fruits and veggies, you’ll have less room for fatty foods.
47. Do give into cravings occasionally. Struggling against urges is a sure-fire path to a binge. Try managing your craving with a small serving.
48. Snack regularly; just do so intelligently with low-calorie and/or high fibre foods, instead of cookies and cake.
49. Become a fat sleuth. Read food labels faithfully and select those that contain no more than 3 grams of fat for every 100 calories.
Lastly....and definitely not the LEAST....
50. Above all else, maintain a positive attitude. If you believe in yourself and your ability to get into shape, you’re half way there!!!
So, there you have it!! 50 Tips to help prevent winter weight gain....I hope you have discovered at least one tip that will assist you with your weight loss or weight maintenance goals!